The Red Hook PTSA is pleased to announce a Mini-Grant Program
Please submit a completed request form to the PTSA mailbox in the LAMS office. Applications will be considered on a year-round basis, as long as funds are available. Applicants must be a paid PTA member for the school year.
Applicants must attend at least one PTA meeting or participate in one PTA sponsored event.What a Mini-Grant Can Fund
As stated in the PTA Financial Procedures Made Easier handbook, "The PTA should be guided by the principle that a gift to the school should benefit the largest possible number of students." With this in mind, Mini-Grants generally fund:
· Requests that benefit more than just a few specific students, with the goal of benefiting the entire school community through the Mini-Grant program.
· Requests that impact a wide variety of subject areas and grade levels.
· Requests for partial funding of more expensive projects, if needed.
Please note that, in accordance with PTA guidelines, anything that the Mini-Grant program funds becomes a "donation" to a school or the school district.What Mini-Grants Do Not Fund
Based on PTA guidelines, here are the general limits of Mini-Grant funding:
- No food.
- No athletics-related requests. Please check with Raiders Club.
- No projects that benefit just a very few students.
- No furnishing for staff lounge or administrative offices.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions. The Mini-Grant program is more a cooperative rather than a competitive process.
- Make sure to fill out the application completely.
- Complete and submit the application before the deadline date.
- Be as specific as possible about how you would spend the grant money. The committee will use the information you provide in order to evaluate your proposal. So tell us everything you think we should know.
- Be clear and thoughtful about how the Red Hook school community will benefit from what you propose.
Click here for Mini-Grant Application form in Adobe PDF format.