RHCSD AP Coordinator: Kristin LarsonEmail - Please search our staff directoryVoicemail - 845-758-2241 ext. 71190Attention AP Parents and Students: The deadline to register and pay for AP exams is typically in October. AP teachers will provide instructions on how to register online at the start of the school year.AP students will create/login to their account at: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login. Anyone with an existing CollegeBoard account should login using that information. Our school code is 334685. A specific code to join the course will be provided for each course by the AP teacher.
- Teachers may post assignments in the AP Classroom at myap.collegeboard.org
- Students may access additional materials, such as study guides at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses
- AP Exam Registration Information
AP Exam Fees
- The cost of each exam is $97.00. If your child qualifies for free/reduced lunch there is a reduction in the fee to $54.00. View the AP Exam Fee page for additional information. If paying online the correct fee is automatically applied.
- Update for 2022-23: Register for your exams by Oct. 18, 2022. There is a $40 late fee in addition to the base fee if ordering after the deadline. Exams canceled in AP Registration and Ordering after Nov. 15 will also incur a $40 fee, but the original exam fee is removed from the invoice.
AccommodationsStudents must apply to the CollegeBoard for accommodation for the AP exam through student services as soon as possible. While it is likely that students with accommodations specified on an IEP or 504 plan will receive accommodations on the AP, it is not guaranteed and/or they may not be the same. See https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/getting-accommodations for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's AP teacher or the AP Coordinator.
General Information About Advanced Placement CoursesChoose AP
Are you ready for a unique learning experience that will help you succeed in college? Through AP's college-level courses and exams, you can earn college credit and advanced placement, stand out in the admission process, and learn from some of the most skilled, dedicated, and inspiring teachers in the world.
A Different Kind of Class
From the moment you enter an AP classroom, you'll notice the difference—in the teacher's approach to the subject, in the attitude of your classmates, in the way you start to think. In AP classrooms, the focus is not on memorizing facts and figures. Instead you'll engage in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.
Find Your Passion
With a variety of AP courses to choose from you'll be able to explore your interests and discover new passions. In AP classes, you'll study fascinating topics and ideas that just might become the foundation of your future college major or career. At Red Hook High School we offer the following AP courses, which students may begin taking in the year listed:
Sophomores may take:
- AP English Language & Composition with Mrs. Decker
- AP European History with Mr. Decker or Mr. Dombrowski
Juniors may take the above courses as well as the following:
- AP United States History with Mr. Kaiser
- AP Chemistry (Prerequisite: Regents Chemistry) with Mr. Pavlich
Seniors may take any of the above courses as well as the following:
- AP Biology (Prerequisites: Regents Biology & Chemistry, IB Biology HL1 - SC450) with Mrs. Beam
- AP Calculus AB/BC (Prerequisite: IB Mathematics - MA460) with Mr. Butch
- AP English Literature & Composition with Mrs. Griffin - Summer reading requirement must be completed to gain entrance into course.
Additionally, students may opt to take exams in the following subjects usually after taking a related IB course and learning the material independently. RHHS does not offer AP courses in these subjects, but does offer the exam:
- Studio Art 2D-Design
- French Language and Culture (Junior or Senior year)
- German Language and Culture (Junior or Senior year)
- Spanish Language and Culture (Junior or Senior year)
- Psychology (Junior or Senior year)
Prepare to Succeed in College
AP courses can help you acquire the skills and habits you'll need to be successful in college. You'll improve your writing skills, sharpen your problem-solving abilities, and develop time management skills, discipline, and study habits.Earn College Credit and Placement
Most four-year colleges in the United States and colleges in more than 60 other countries give students credit, advanced placement or both on the basis of AP Exam scores. By entering college with AP credits, you'll have the time to move into upper level courses, pursue a double-major or study abroad.
How Do I Enroll?
Once you've decided to take the AP challenge, it's easy to enroll. Talk to an AP teacher or your school counselor about the course you want to take. Discuss the course's workload and any preparation you might need.The above information was provided from http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html. Visit that site for additional information.
Exam DatesExam dates are available at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/exam-dates-and-fees.
ScoresAP Exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 5. Many U.S. colleges grant credit and/or advanced placement (that means they let you skip the equivalent course once you get to college) for scores of 3 and above. Learn more about AP Scores at https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/about-ap-scores.To access your scores visit https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/get-scores.Free Score Send from AP:
You can send your scores for free to one recipient every year that you take AP Exams. To indicate which college, university, or scholarship organization you would like to send your score to for free:
- Log into AP Classroom at https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Click on "My AP Profile"
- Click on "Score Send"
- Search for the name of the College/University
- Select it from the list
- Click "Save"
Be sure to do this prior to the deadline.
Sending Additional Scores
For more information about sending AP scores visit: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/sending-scores