RHCSD AP Coordinator: Tanya SasvaryEmail - firstname.lastname@example.orgVoicemail - 845-758-2241 ext. 71284Attention AP Parents and Students: The College Board is unrolling a new registration process this year and students will be registering and paying for exams this fall. The deadline to register and pay is October 16th. AP teachers will provide instructions on how to register online at the start of the school year.AP students will create/login to their account at: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login. Anyone with an existing CollegeBoard account should login using that information. Our school code is 334685. A code to join the course will be provided for each course by the AP teacher. The attached flyer is being sent home with all AP students.
AP Exam Fees
- Teachers may post assignments in the AP Classroom at myap.collegeboard.org
- Students may access additional materials, such as study guides at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses
- The cost of each exam is $94.00. If your child qualifies for free/reduced lunch there is a reduction in the fee to $53.00. The option to pay online through MySchoolBucks is now available. The exam fee will automatically be adjusted online for those eligible. Payments made in cash or by check (payable to "Red Hook Central School District" with the student's name in the memo) should be given to Mrs. Sasvary in the library. Online payments through MySchoolBucks will include a 3.75% transaction fee which equals approximately $3.50 per $94.00 exam or $2.00 per $53.00 exam.
If you are already using MySchoolBucks to pay for school meals, your account is already set-up and ready to go! Just log in and click on the link for AP. If you don’t have an account follow the steps below:
Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
Add your students using their school name and student ID.
Click on the link to AP to pay for the exam fees with your credit/debit card or electronic check. A transaction fee of 3.75% will be applied, which equals approximately $3.50 for each $94 exam or $1.99 for each $53 exam.
You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly. emailfdfg: email@example.com ⋅ (855) 832-5226 ⋅ Visit myschoolbucks.com and click Help
- Late Fee: A late fee of $40 per exam will be applied if you miss the deadline of October 16 ($97.50 exam fee + $40 late fee = $137.50 per exam paid late). Exams canceled after the deadline will not receive a refund.
AccommodationsStudents must apply to the CollegeBoard for accommodations to the AP exam through student services as soon as possible. While it is likely that students with accommodations specified on an IEP or 504 plan will receive accommodations on the AP, it is not guaranteed and/or they may not be the same. See https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/getting-accommodations for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's AP teacher or Tanya Sasvary, AP Coordinator.
General Information About Advanced Placement CoursesChoose AP
Are you ready for a unique learning experience that will help you succeed in college? Through AP's college-level courses and exams, you can earn college credit and advanced placement, stand out in the admission process, and learn from some of the most skilled, dedicated, and inspiring teachers in the world.
A Different Kind of Class
From the moment you enter an AP classroom, you'll notice the difference—in the teacher's approach to the subject, in the attitude of your classmates, in the way you start to think. In AP classrooms, the focus is not on memorizing facts and figures. Instead you'll engage in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.
Find Your Passion
With a variety of AP courses to choose from you'll be able to explore your interests and discover new passions. In AP classes, you'll study fascinating topics and ideas that just might become the foundation of your future college major or career. At Red Hook High School we offer the following AP courses:
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB/BC
- AP Chemistry
- AP English Language & Composition
- AP English Literature & Composition
- AP European History
- AP United States History
Additionally, qualified students may opt to take exams in the following subjects:
- Studio Art 2D-Design
- French Language and Culture
- German Language and Culture
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Music Theory (This course is available every other year)
Prepare to Succeed in College
AP courses can help you acquire the skills and habits you'll need to be successful in college. You'll improve your writing skills, sharpen your problem-solving abilities, and develop time management skills, discipline, and study habits.Earn College Credit and Placement
Most four-year colleges in the United States and colleges in more than 60 other countries give students credit, advanced placement or both on the basis of AP Exam scores. By entering college with AP credits, you'll have the time to move into upper level courses, pursue a double-major or study abroad.
How Do I Enroll?
Once you've decided to take the AP challenge, it's easy to enroll. Talk to an AP teacher or your school counselor about the course you want to take. Discuss the course's workload and any preparation you might need.The above information was provided from http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html. Visit that site for additional information.
Exam DatesExam dates are available at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/exam-dates-and-fees.
ScoresAP Exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 5. Many U.S. colleges grant credit and/or advanced placement (that means they let you skip the equivalent course once you get to college) for scores of 3 and above. Learn more about AP Scores at https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/about-ap-scores.