Kindergarten registration 2023
Welcome to kindergarten!
Registration for kindergarten is a three-step process.
Please complete online pre-registration by visiting: https://esd-parentportal.mhric.org/RedHookCSD and clicking “Online Registration.”
1) Begin online registration as instructed above. You may also download a copy of the packet or request a hard copy. Once you complete it, you will receive an email with supplemental forms that must be filled out to complete registration.
2) Complete the paperwork and other items shown on the kindergarten/registration checklist and submit it all to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to attend a registration session.
- March 20th - noon – 4 pm (Drop in, no appointment necessary)
- March 21st - 9 am – 2 pm (virtual appointments only)
- March 22nd - 1 pm – 6 pm (Drop in, no appointment necessary)
- March 23rd - 9 am – 2 pm (virtual appointments only)
If attending in-person, no appointment is necessary. Sessions will be conducted on a first come, first served basis. Virtual 20-minute sessions require an appointment. Schedule a virtual registration using this link.
3) At your registration appointment, you will:
- Meet with the Registrar to complete the registration.
- Meet with the Principal’s Sr. Secretary in the PreK-2 Office to set up screening appointments.
- Meet with the school nurse.
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT:
Mill Road Primary School
- JoAnn Johnson, Principal’s Sr. Secretary 845.758.2241 ext. 45010 email@example.com
- Elena Maskell, Registrar 845.758.2241 ext. 55010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carla Merino, Registración 845.758.2241 ext. 45090 email@example.com
Registering a New Student
Step 1: Visit the Red Hook CSD online registration portal. Once you get to this site, please click "Online Registration" link at the bottom of the box which starts the three-step process.Step 2: You will receive an email with two attachments: one with information and another with a packet of forms you must fill out. All forms are necessary to complete registration. Use this registration checklist for all necessary documentation for registration. Once completed, return them to Elena Maskell at firstname.lastname@example.org.Step 3: Complete additional forms in the Registration Packet. (See list below for additional documents needed at time of registration)Questions? Please contact Elena Maskell at email@example.com.NOTE: If your child has already been registered, please provide the District with any updated information. Updated documents would include: updated immunization records and health visit, updated lease or residency papers, updated custody papers (if applicable), updated cell phone numbers, or anything else that has changed between the original registration date and now.Parents/guardians are REQUIRED to provide the following additional documents at the time of registration:1. Proof of Verification of Age (one of the following):
- Please note registration is a three-step process!
- Unless a parent/guardian completes all three steps, students will not be able to obtain a class schedule, ID number or teacher assignment.
2. Proof of Verification of Residence (one of the following):
- Original Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Other (see list below)
3. Up-to-Date Immunization Records.4. Proof of Guardianship (if applicable):
- Copy of Deed
- Copy of Purchase Contract, with letter from attorney including date/time of closing
- Lease Agreement or Statement from Landlord, Owner or Tenant from whom you lease or live with
- Statement from a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district
- Other (see list below)
Other Proofs of Residency:
- Judicial custody orders
- Guardianship papers
- Signed affidavits
Pay stub Utility or other Bills Income tax form Membership documents based on residency (e.g., library cards) Voter Registration document(s) Official driver's license, learner's permit, or non-driver ID State or other governmental issued ID Documents issued by federal, state or local agenciesOther Proofs of Age: Passport Official driver's license State or other government issued ID School photo identification with date of birth Consulate identification card Military dependent identification card Hospital or health records Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies Court orders or other court-issued documents Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies Native American tribal documentsThe Central Registrar can also mail the registration packet to you in advance of your appointment to minimize your appointment time.The school district is required by New York State Education Law to verify the prospective student's eligibility for enrollment based on residency within the district's boundaries.
Red Hook accepting non-resident, tuition-paying students
Tuition-paying families are accepted on a case-by-case basis. The first step is meeting with the Superintendent of Schools for a meet and greet to discuss tuition parameters at RHCSD, transportation requirements, and any special circumstances.