Grade 4Classroom Music
Perform from notation all of the 3rd grade requirements plus sixteenth notes and dotted quarter and eighth note combinations by singing and using percussion instruments.
Identify all of the 3rd grade requirements plus eighth notes and dotted quarter, eighth note combinations, and sixteenth notes by name, beat value, and their relationship to each other.
- Perform self-composed rhythm pieces using percussion instruments, as duets
- Perform layered, ostinato rhythm patterns using multi-cultural percussion instruments
- Accompany songs on percussion instruments
- Demonstrate an understanding of time signatures and their application through singing, body percussion, and percussion instruments
Sing with accurate pitch
- Demonstrate understanding of Solfege Sylables by singing and hand signals
- Sight-sing 4 to 8 measure musical examples using Solfege Sylables and hand signals
Explore and participate in Native American Song and Dance
Explore and participate in cultural Folk Music from various locations throughout the United States
- Recognize by listening major, minor, and pentatonic tonalities