Food allergies can be a very serious medical issue in the school setting. These allergies can be life threatening for some students and cause only minor skin irritations for others. Either way, it's important for parents to let the school nurse know. The risk of accidental exposure can be reduced if school staff and parents work together to minimize risks and provide a safe environment for these students.
Please provide written medical documentation, including instructions for school personnel to follow in case of a reaction, and if needed, medications as directed by a physician. Also, please contact your child's teacher before bringing in any special food or snack in case a classmate is allergic to those items.