Mrs. Fraleigh's 6th Grade Social Studies class!Social Studies content for 6th grade:Grade 6 Social Studies is based on the geography and history of the Eastern Hemisphere, including the development of cultures, civilizations, and empires; interactions between societies; and the comparison of trends in government and economics. Making connections between the past and the present is attempted throughout the course. The time span covered is from pre-history into the 1300s. Students are provided the opportunity to explore belief systems across time and to examine the foundations of democracy.Topics include:Origins of CivilizationCivilizations and Peoples of the Fertile CrescentAncient Egypt and KushEarly Civilizations of IndiaEarly Civilizations of ChinaAncient GreeceThe Roman RepublicThe Roman and Byzantine EmpiresStruggle in Medieval EuropeThe Islamic WorldWorld religions will be explored within the above topics.
- Bring your social studies folder to class every day!
- Do not throw out any papers! Keep all the papers in your folder. After each topic we study, papers and materials should be brought home and shared with your parents.
- You will have a textbook to use at school and one will be sent home for you to use. Be very careful to keep track of your book! It is very expensive to replace if you lose it!
- We will have a test or project for each topic. There will be quizzes and assignments throughout each topic.
- Learning vocabulary words for each topic is important.