Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (Formerly Technology Education)
The Red Hook Technology Department has joined forces with Project Lead The Way (PLTW)! It is the nation's leading provider of rigorous and innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. STEM education is at the heart of today’s high-tech, high-skill global economy. For America to remain economically competitive, our next generation of leaders -- the students of today -- must develop the critical-reasoning and problem-solving skills that will help make them the most productive in the world.
* Introduction to Broadcast Television(IBTV) again entered the "Ten Day Film Challenge" and traveled to NYC for the screening! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-66OCuebgWe have also teamed up with the Red Hook Oral History Project, working with filmmaker, Michael Yonchenko. Get on board for next year! Check out our Digital Media Pathway! Click the link below.
* Learn important life skills! Maybe engineering or even college isn't for you. Come talk to us! We offer many courses under our Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathway. Click the link below.
* Technical Drawing is now called Computer Assisted Drafting/3D Graphics. Students will learn AutoCAD for 2D design and also 3D design using Inventor software. This course uses college level problems! Click the link below.
* We are now offering a course called Design and Drawing for Production (DDP). This can also count as an art/music credit! Click the link below.
* We now have four 3D printers for use in the POE, IED, DDP, CAD/3D Graphics classes!