Teacher Student Roster Verification Process - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the web address for the Teacher Student Roster Verification site?
2. I cannot access my TAA account.
Use the “I forgot my password” and/or “I forgot my username” links on the login screen?
3. I cannot remember the answers to my challenge questions.Contact Donna Seelbach at ext. 59500 to have your account deactivated and reset.
4. I no longer have access to the e-mail address used when I set up my account.
1. Log in using your existing credentials and update your profile.
2. If you cannot log in, contact Donna Seelbach at ext. 59500 to have your account deactivated and reset.
5. I am new to the district this year. How do I access TSRV?
1. Use the PIN letter issued to activate your account.
2. If you cannot locate your PIN letter, contact Donna Seelbach at ext. 59500 for the PIN information.
3. If you have taught in another district prior and had an account in that district, use your existing credentials from that previous school district to log in and update your profile.
4. If you have taught in another district and can no longer access the existing account, contact Donna Seelbach at ext. 59500 to have your account deactivated and reset.
6. I am receiving an error message saying my password has expired. What should I do?Passwords expire every six months. To reset your password please use the “I forgot my user password” option in light blue letters just below and to the right of the entry fields on the login page.
7. What do I do if all my rosters are correct and there are no errors?If all of your rosters are correct, you must open a Kbox ticket indicating that you have reviewed all rosters in the TSRV application and that there are no errors.
8. What do I do if I see an error on my roster(s)?If you find an error, or have a question about, your roster(s), you must open a Kbox ticket and attach a marked up copy of the roster explaining the error. Donna Seelbach will review and update all Kbox tickets pertaining to roster verifications.
9. Why are students on my rosters listed twice?All courses offered at the Red Hook CSD are “mapped” to state course codes. Some of those state course codes are for courses that typically have a NYS assessment at the end of the course. Any course mapped to a state course code with a corresponding state assessment will have at least two rosters, an Assessment Snapshot and a Full Year Snapshot. The Assessment Snapshot will calculate Enrollment and Attendance up to the assessment date. The Full Year Snapshot will calculate Enrollment and Attendance to the last day of the school year.
10. How are the Course, Enrollment and Attendance Durations calculated?The Linkage Durations are based on scheduling and attendance information in your student management system.
· Course Duration – The length of the course in hours and minutes. This is based on the master schedule for your building including how often the course meets, whether this is a full year, semester or quarter course and how many minutes are allotted for the period(s) in which the course/section is scheduled.
· Enrollment Duration – The amount of time that both the teacher and student were reported as assigned to or enrolled in the course ("linked"). Enrollment Duration will be less than the Course Duration for those teachers/students who were assigned to or enrolled in the course for only a part of the school year. The Enrollment Duration will never be greater than the Course Duration.
· Attendance Duration - The amount of time that the student actually attended the course while both the teacher and student were reported as "linked". Attendance Duration will be less than Enrollment Duration for students who are absent while enrolled in a course. The Attendance Duration is dependent upon accurate attendance recorded for the student. The Attendance Duration will never be greater than the Enrollment Duration.
11. There are students on my roster(s) that have dropped my class earlier this year or dropped out of school. What do I do?Students that were scheduled into your course/section at any time in the year will appear on the roster. The Linkage Start Date will show when the student was scheduled to begin the course/section and the Linkage End Date will indicate when the student left or dropped the course/section. Students who are considered drop-outs due to 20 or more consecutive days absent will also be listed on your roster. In these situations, we would expect the Attendance Duration to be 0 minutes.
12. I am missing a course/section.Please open a Kbox ticket indicating the course name, course number and section number that is not listed in TSRV. We will then confirm the course/section is properly set up in the student management system.
13. Why are the Science courses and Science labs listed as two separate rosters?Science courses and labs are scheduled as two separate courses in the master schedule. While they are “linked” for scheduling purposes, they are mapped to different state course codes and will be listed separately in TSRV.14. I teach one or more courses the end in a Regents exams. The Assessment records all have an end date of May 31, 2016, but the Regents exam is not given until later in June. Is this correct?Yes, all records that end in a NYS assessment have a reporting date of the first day of the exam window. Since the first Regents exam will be administered on June 1st in 2015-16, all Assessment records for Regents courses will have an end date of May 31, 2016. This is correct for all Regents courses this year.
15. There is a student on my roster that never showed up for my class. How do we remove the student from the roster?Students that were scheduled into your course/section at any time in the year will appear on the roster. The Linkage Start Date will show when the student was scheduled to begin the course/section and the Linkage End Date will indicate when the student left or dropped the course/section. Students who are considered drop-outs due to 20 or more consecutive days absent will also be listed on your roster. In these situations, we would expect the Attendance Duration to be 0 minutes.
16. One of the courses listed for me in TSRV is not a course I teach. What do I do to correct this?
Please open a ticket in Kbox indicating the course name, course number and section number that is on your roster for which you are not the teacher of record. We will then confirm the course/section is properly set up in the student management system.
17. When do we need to have the TSRV completed?All teachers should complete the verification of their rosters by the stated deadline each school year. All teachers should open a ticket in Kbox by this date indicating there are no errors or with an attached, marked-up copy of the roster(s) explaining the error or question.
18. Where can I get more information about the TSRV application and verification process?Resources are available at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/teacher/