Historical Current Events AssignmentYou are to find a news article that reports about events happening around the United States or the world between the years 1938 - 1945 that report on some aspect of World War II:
- Article Summary: What is the article about, written in your own words. DO NOT Plagiarize; plagiarism is the passing off of someone else’s work as your own.
- Article Analysis: Answer the following in analyzing the affects of this news:
- How did this news affect the people living in the area that it occurred?
- What would your reaction to this news be if you read it at the time?
- How does this News connect to what is being discussed in class?
- What made you choose this article?
- Article Citation: You must cite the source of your news article using the MLA Style of citation:
Newspaper or Magazine Article on the Internet
Author’s Name (last name first). “Title of article in quotation marks” Name of Newspaper or magazine (underlined) volume or issue number Date of publication Date accessed <web address in angled brackets>
Andreadis, Athena. "The Enterprise Finds Twin Earths Everywhere It
Goes, But Future Colonizers of Distant Planets Won't Be So Lucky."Astronomy 64- . Jan. 1999: 7 Feb. 1999 <http:// web.lexis-nexis.com/universe>.
Articles you read must be at least 4 paragraphs long, your report will be TYPED, submitted to turnitin.com and you should use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
See below for schedule for due dates & Research Tips
Research Historical Current Event
- Click on Historical Newspapers
- Click on the “Timeline” tab
- Click on “World War II” on the time line
- Choose a subtopic that connects to the year of the assigned HCE and a topic we’re talking about in class
- Find your article
- Proceed with assignment