Math Class Norms
1) Math class is about LEARNING not performing. It is a growth subject; effort counts and it takes time to learn.
2) DEPTH is more important than speed.
3) Math is about CONNECTIONS and COMMUNICATING. Words, pictures, graphs, equations, etc., can all represent the same thing.
4) Math is about CREATIVITY and MAKING SENSE. Visualizing patterns and creating solutions for others to see, discuss and analyze.
5) QUESTIONS are really important. Does it make sense?
6) MISTAKES are valuable. Mistakes grow your brain.
7) EVERYONE can learn math to the highest levels.