At the Red Hook High School, we believe all students should be engaged in an academically challenging program. We maintain a successful AP and IB program focused on accessibility for all students.
Welcome New RHHS Principal Rob McKiernanRob McKiernan, the new principal at Red Hook High School, brings years of teaching and administrative experience to the district.
“I have been aware as an educator in the Hudson Valley and as a Dutchess County resident of Red Hook's strong reputation,” said Mr. McKiernan. “What I did not know and what makes me like Red Hook even more is that the district from top to bottom is committed to educational excellence, but is simultaneously looking for ways to improve opportunities for students in the career and technical education fields.”
“One of my goals is to implement a learning program designed to emphasize issues of equity and the social-emotional well-being of students”, he added. “There is more to school than ABCs and the Red Hook School District understands that.”
Before joining the Red Hook team, he served as principal of Goshen High School. Mr. McKiernan has more than 15 years of experience as a social studies teacher, dean of students and assistant principal in the Carmel Central School District.
“I’m looking forward to getting to know the students and staff, and working with them on making Red Hook High School an even better place than it already is,” he said.
Athletics Registration Available via FamilyID PortalDear Student Athletes & Parents/Guardians:We are excited to announce that we offer the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com).FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, Physical Date
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:https://www.familyid.com/organizations/red-hook-central-schools
Follow these steps:
- To find our program, click on the link provided by FamilyID above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), email address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
No Payment Required
9. Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
Tom CassataDirector of Physical Education, Health and AthleticsRed Hook Central Schools845-758-2241 x18800Fax: 845-758-9444Follow us on Twitter: @RH_ATHLETICS
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days per week
Focus on Advisory Periods
The administration at Linden Avenue Middle and Red Hook High School recently created monthly advisory periods to focus on many of the pressing social emotional needs of students. These advisory periods are meant to provide space for students and their teachers to discuss important issues. Recent topics include the harmful effects of rumors, the importance of gratitude, and understanding that perceptions of other people are often misleading. Unfortunately, schools face no shortage of topics fed by societal trends. The underlying belief is that dialoguing with students helps to create a better sense of school community, more empathy, a deeper relationship with the teacher, and a school culture more conducive to learning.
Virtual BackpackClick on the backpack to be redirected to a virtual resource chock full of information for students and their families!
Requesting TranscriptsIf you need a copy of your Red Hook High School transcript, please contact the Guidance Office at 845-758-2241 ext. 16020 or ext. 16010.
Contact UsRed Hook High School103 West Market StreetRed Hook, NY 12571845-758-2241, option 1