Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Accidents & Injuries

Accidents at School and Sports-Related Injuries

In the event of an injury at school, an accident report will be filled out by either a coach, if the injury occurred at a sporting event, or the individual in charge of the student when the incident occurred. The form is then given to the school nurse. If the student seeks medical attention following the incident, the nurse will fill out an insurance form and mail it to the parent/guardian.  

The student's insurance is primary coverage. The school's insurance will only pick up a portion of the treatment expenses that aren't covered by the primary insurance.