Yearbook Update 2/21/17
Greetings! The 2017 Red Hook High School Yearbook will be arriving in just a few short months so here are opportunities you might not want to miss:
- If you have not ordered your copy of this year’s book though Jostens.com, you have until March 1st, 2017 to do so. This is the only way to get your book with personalization. After March 1st you will be able to order a yearbook directly at the school (See Mr. Burguiere, room 266) while supplies last. For all orders at the school, please make your checks payable to Yearbook 2017, in the amount of $95.00 (includes tax).
- PARENTS OF SENIORS! If you would like a picture of your child in the baby picture section, please provide the following: 1) A baby Picture, 2) a current picture, 3) 25 words from a loved one and 4) a check for $35.00 made payable to Yearbook 2017. Payment and copy MUST be received by March 1, 2017.
- Parents of seniors can also purchase ad space to honor your student at the following advertising rates: $125.00 for a quarter page, $225.00 for a half page and $375.00 for a full page. Please contact Mr. Burguiere with any questions you may have (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dear Senior Class Parents and Guardians,
As difficult as it is to believe
but we are at that time of the year when we start talking about the senior
class events and timelines. I have
prepared a rough outline of these events so you can add these to your 2017
Class of 2017 Senior Time Line Overview
Mid Terms: January
23 – 27, 2017. Schedule of specific
days will be available shortly.
Exams: April 27 – May 19, 2017:
A more specific schedule with times
and locations will be sent out as we get closer but here is the IB website for
AP Exams: May
1 – May 12, 2017:
A more specific schedule with times
and locations will be sent out as we get closer but here
is AP website for specific dates:
June 1, 2017: Awards Ceremony 7 PM at the High School
Prom: Saturday, June 3, 2017: Senior Prom 7PM at Diamond Mills Saugerties,
Final and Regents Exams: June 13 – June
The regents exams are set but our school finals
have not been finalized yet. That will be available on May 1, 2017.
Graduation Rehearsal: Thursday, June 22, 2017 at
12:30 PM at LAMS
All graduates must attend if they plan on walking
Graduation: Saturday, June 24,
2017 at 11 AM at LAMS
If it rains, then graduation will be moved
indoors to the high school and each graduate will receive 2 tickets with their
cap and gown at rehearsal.
There may be more events added to
this list but those are being worked on by the senior class. I wanted to give you as much notice as
possible so when you start making plans you already have these important dates.
Principal, Red Hook High School
Athletics Registration Now Available via FamilyID Portal
Dear Student Athletes & Parents/Guardians:
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com).
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, Physical Date
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/red-hook-central-schools
Follow these steps:
- To find our program, click on the link provided by FamilyID above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), email address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
No Payment Required
9. Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: email@example.com or 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days per week
Director of Physical Education, Health and Athletics
Red Hook Central Schools
Follow us on Twitter: @RH_ATHLETICS
Alumni Survey Underway
Dear Parents & Guardians,
As part of our ongoing commitment to our students, the District is launching an annual Alumni Survey. Beginning with the Class of 2016 graduates, we will be collecting data on our students’ perceptions of our learning community. We want to know whether they feel prepared for work, for life, and for higher levels of education. We want to know which aspects of our program had the most impact on them and which aspects had a lesser impact. We want to know if we missed anything our graduates feel was critical as they progressed from freshman to graduating seniors. The input we receive from our graduates will be analyzed and used to inform plans for future improvement.
In the fall of 2016, our Alumni Survey will be expanded to include the graduating classes of 2013 and 2011. Surveying the young adults in these cohorts will allow us to collect more nuanced information from students who have had several years of work and/or higher education experiences since they received their Red Hook High School diplomas.
In order to collect the desired feedback, the District will launch a Twitter Feed to make seniors aware of the survey. The feed is called “@TheRHHSSurvey,” and both the District (@rhcsd) and the Guidance Office (@redhookguidance) Twitter accounts will follow @TheRHHSSurvey. In addition, we will be posting information about the survey on the Guidance Office Facebook page, and working with the Senior Student Council to get the word out to improve our response rate.
The Alumni Survey of the Class of 2016 will be administered via SurveyMonkey, beginning in mid-June of this year. It is critical that students, themselves, respond to the questions so that we are measuring their first-hand experiences of the District. Parents are welcome to email their feedback to the District at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paul Finch, Superintendent